Petroleum Engineering Calculations
Excel Petroleum Engineering Calculations
This is very useful Excel functions that are commonly being used in petroleum engineering calculations. These functions are built in an Excel add-in. This tool consists of formulas and calculations on PVT correlations, pipe flow, and table lookup/interpolation.
There is a help file that explains formula calculation such as description of the function and syntax how to use it. It doesn’t have equations written in the help file. But you still can look for it in the reference.
This Excel add-in is written in Visual Basic for Application. Unfortunately, it’s password protected so you can’t see the equations to ensure if the calculation works properly. But it is a good idea to try using this tool as it could save you a lot of hassles and time
How To Use This Excel Add-in
- Download zipped file from the following download link and extract the file to your local drive.
- From Microsoft Excel menu, click Tool, Add-Ins and then browse the extracted file. The file name is Epecvb.mod.xla. We’ve tested this add-in using Microsoft Excel 2003 for Windows.
- Since this is an Excel add-in, there is no user interface. To use this tool, go to Insert then Functions from your Excel menu.
Use VBA macro? Yes
Download Excel Add-in for PE Calculations
- Excel Add-Ins For Multi-Precision Floating Point Calculation
- Calculate Gas Properties
- Excel XY Chart Labeler
- Delete Excel External Links
- Rate-Time Spreadsheet
We advise you to read our Disclaimer before utilizing this tool. If you find our tool useful or easy to use, please consider donating a few bucks through Paypal or please take the time to share this site to your colleagues.